Development Consent- Tipperary Town Closed Landfill Remediation Scheme
Notice of Application to An Bord Pleanála for Approval
Pursuant to Section 177AE of the Planning and Development Act 2000 (as amended) and the requirements of the Planning and Development Regulations 2001 (as amended), notice is hereby given that Tipperary County Council proposes to seek the approval of An Bord Pleanála for DEVELOPMENT, COMPRISING of:
Tipperary Town Closed Landfill Remediation Scheme
located at Carrownreddy and Spital-Land (ED Tipperary), Tipperary Town, County Tipperary
Description: The remediation of the Tipperary Town closed landfill, to comply with the conditions attached to the closed landfill Certificate of Authorisation (Register Ref: H0004-01) pertaining to the site granted by the Environmental Protection Agency.
Location: Carrownreddy and Spital-Land (ED Tipperary), Tipperary Town, Co. Tipperary
The nature and extent of the proposed development consists of:
- Demolition of existing structures including an existing agricultural building, concrete walls and post and wire fencing.
- Clearance of vegetation and tree felling.
- Grading/Profiling of Existing Profile.
- Installation of an engineered landfill capping system to include: a landfill gas venting system, a linear low-density polyethylene (LLDPE) barrier, a sub-surface drainage system, a geogrid layer, sub-soil and topsoil layers, a surface water drainage system, an access track and a shared access way to adjoining third party lands, fencing, a car park area, temporary works/mitigation measures, security fencing, landfill gas/leachate management infrastructure, landscaping and an anchor trench/gas barrier.
- Temporary site compound for the construction contractor.
Tipperary County Council proposes to seek the approval of An Bord Pleanála (“the Board”) for the proposed development.
A Natura Impact Statement (NIS) has been prepared in respect of the proposed development.
The proposed development is within the Zone of Archaeological potential of the Recorded Monument TI067-003, possible enclosure, as entered on the Record of Monuments and Places for County Tipperary (South Riding).
The Board may give approval to the application for development with or without conditions or may refuse the application for development.
The Natura Impact Statement, together with plans and particulars of the proposed development will be available for inspection free of charge, or may be purchased on payment of a small fee (which fee shall not exceed the reasonable cost of making such a copy) during normal office hours from Monday to Friday (excluding Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays), except where stated otherwise below, during the7-week period from Friday 12th May 2023 until Friday 30th June 2023 inclusive, at the following offices:
- An Bord Pleanála, 64 Marlborough Street, Dublin 1, D01 V902, between the hours of 9:15am and 5:30pm
- Tipperary County Council, Civic Offices, Emmet Street, Clonmel, Co. Tipperary, E91 N512, between the hours of 9:30am and 4:30pm, and
- Tipperary-Cahir-Cashel Municipal District, Rosanna Road, Tipperay, Co. Tipperary, E34 WD51 between the hours of 9:30am and 4:30pm.
A copy of the application may be inspected as attached.
Submissions or observations regarding the proposed development may be made in writing to An Bord Pleanála during normal office hours of the 7-week period from Friday 12th May 2023 until Friday 30th June 2023, inclusive in relation to:
- the implications of the proposed development for proper planning and sustainable development in the area concerned;
- the likely effects on the environment of the proposed development; and
- the likely significant effects of the proposed development on a European Site;
if carried out.
Submissions or observations should be made in writing to An Bord Pleanála, 64 Marlborough Street, Dublin 1, D01 V902, before and not later than5:30pm on Friday 30th June 2023.
A person may question the validity of any such decision by An Bord Pleanála by way of an application for judicial review under Order 84 of the Rules of the Superior Courts (S.I. No. 15 of 1986) in accordance with section 50 of the Planning and Development Acts, 2000 (as amended).
Practical information on the review mechanism can be accessed on the Board’s website www.pleanala.ie or on the Citizens Information website www.citizensinformation.ie.
An Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) Screening Report for the proposed development has been carried out and has concluded that there is no real likelihood of significant effects on the environment arising from the proposed development and has determined that a (sub-threshold) EIA is not required.