Part 8 Improvement works and active travel measures at the Ragg Thurles Co Tipperary
- Rural fringe signs and road markings in accordance with TII CC-SCD-05116 on R498 approaches;
- Realignment of the R498 from The Ragg pub to immediately north of the cross roads;
- Kerbing to define the realigned R498 carriageway edge;
- Defined bus-stops for northbound and south bound busses north of the cross roads;
- Upgraded public lighting to provide lighting consistent with an urban environment;
- Footways on both sides of the realigned R498 to reflect primary pedestrian demands lines;
- Regularising the geometry of the crossroads to be consistent with an urban environment.
- Set-back the R498 boundary of the field immediately south of the L4131 to improve visibility to the driver’s left for traffic entering the R498 from the L4131;
- A shared surface on the north side of the L4131 between the R498 and the school access;
- A footway from the school access to the cemetery;
- Uncontrolled crossings on the R498 north and south of the crossroads and on the L4131 at the access to the school.
- Realignment of the Ballycahill Road approach to its junction with the R498;
- Set-back of the roadside boundary on the east side of the R498 to improve visibility for southbound traffic on the R498 at Bouladuff & Clehile, Ragg, Thurles, Co. Tipperary
The development has been the subject of an Appropriate Assessment screening in accordance with Article 6(3) of the EU Habitats Directive (Directive 92/43/EEC) and article 250(1) of the Planning and Development Regulations 2001 as amended. The Appropriate Assessment screening concluded that the proposed development would not be likely to give rise to significant or indeterminate impacts on any Natura 2000 site.
The proposed development is not of a class set out under Schedule 5 of the Planning and Development Regulations 2001, as amended, and does not require Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA).
Plans and particulars of the proposed development, including Appropriate Assessment Screening will be available for inspection or purchase at a fee not exceeding the reasonable cost of making a copy at: -
- Tipperary County Council, Civic Offices, Castle Street, Thurles, Co. Tipperary, E41 KA44
from 09:30am- 4:30 pm Monday to Friday for a period 19th of July 2023 to 18th of August 2023 (excluding bank holidays).
Click here to view and/or make a submission on the part 8 https://planning.localgov.ie/en/part-8/application/1225170e-256b-11ee-9cda-005056880cd6
Submissions or observations with respect to the proposed development, dealing with the proper planning and sustainable development of the area in which the development will be situated, may be made in writing and addressed to Marcus O’Connor, Director of Services, Roads, Transportation and Infrastructure, Tipperary County Council, Civic Offices, Nenagh, Co. Tipperary, correspondence should be clearly marked ‘Part 8 in respect of Improvement works and active travel measures at the Ragg ‘ no later than 4.30pm on Friday 1st September 2023.