Draft Litter Management Plan 2024 - 2026 - Public Consultation
NOTICE UNDER SECTION 12 OF THE LITTER POLLUTION ACT 1997
(Replacement of Litter Management Plan)
Each local authority is obliged to prepare a Litter Management Plan for its own area. This Plan sets out it's objectives to prevent and control litter, as well as measures to encourage public awareness. The Plan must also set out the measures and arrangements by which it intend to achieve it's objectives. In preparing a Litter Management Plan, the local authority is obliged to consult with local community and voluntary interests before a Plan is adopted by the Council Members.
In accordance with Section 12 of the Litter Pollution Act 1997 (as amended), Tipperary County Council intends to replace its existing Litter Management Plan. A Draft Plan for the management of litter in county Tipperary for the next 3 years, is currently available for public consultation.
A copy of the Draft Litter Management Plan 2024 - 2026 is available to view by clicking HERE.
Your feedback is important to this process, have your say!
Tipperary County Council hereby invites interested parties to make submissions or observations regarding the Draft Litter Management Plan 2024-2026;
- electronically via this website by clicking HERE or
- by completing a Submissions form at the following locations:
- Tipperary County Council Clonmel Civic Offices, Emmet Street, Clonmel, Co. Tipperary, E91N512.
- Tipperary County Council Nenagh Civic Offices, Nenagh, Co. Tipperary, E45A099.
- Carrick-on-Suir Municipal District Civic Offices, New Street, Carrick-on-Suir, Co Tipperary.
- Tipperary-Cahir-Cashel Municipal District Civic Offices, Rosanna Road, Co. Tipperary.
- Thurles Municipal District Civic Offices, Castle Avenue, Thurles, Co. Tipperary
- in writing to Orla Kelly, Administrative Officer, Environment & Climate Action Section between the 24th July 2023 until 28th August 2023 (both dates inclusive).
Correspondence should be clearly marked “Draft Litter Management Plan”.
All submissions received by 4.30pm on the 28th August 2023 will be considered before the Plan is finalised.
The deadline for receipt of submissions is 4.30pm on 28th August 2023
In respect of making a submission or observation please note the following:
Tipperary County Council is subject to the provisions of the Data Protection Act (as amended) and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). This processing of your personal data is lawful under Article 6 (1)(e) of the GDPR regulations. The Environment Data Protection Policy is available on the Council website.
Please make your submission by one medium only i.e., in hard copy or via the website.