Extension to Questum Acceleration Centre at Ballingarrane
Construction of a single storey extension comprising a modular glazed link corridor and 10 no. associated modular multi-purpose buildings (laboratories / office & ancillary spaces). Works involve:
- Construction of modular glazed link corridor to the western side of the existing Questum Acceleration Centre
- Construction of 10 no. associated modular multi-purpose buildings (laboratories/ office and ancillary spaces.
- An extended access road, footpaths, public lighting, car and bicycle parking and vehicular turning areas.
- The development also includes for associated service connections and site drainage
- All associated site and ancillary works.
The development has been the subject of an Appropriate Assessment screening in accordance with Article 6 (3) of the EU Habitats Directive (Directive 92/43/EEC) and article 250(1) of the Planning and Development Regulations 2001, as amended. The Appropriate Assessment screening concluded that the proposed development would not be likely to give rise to significant or indeterminate impacts on any Natura 2000 site.
In accordance with Article 120(1)(a) of the Planning and Development Regulations 2001, as amended, the Planning Authority has carried out a preliminary examination of nature, size and location of the proposal, and has concluded that there is no real likelihood of significant effects on the environment arising from the proposed development, and an Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) is not required.
Plans and particulars of the proposed development, including the Appropriate Assessment Screening report and EIA preliminary examination report will be available for inspection or for purchase at a fee not exceeding the reasonable cost of making a copy, at:
- Tipperary County Council, Civic Offices, Emmet Street, Clonmel, Co. Tipperary, E91 N512
- Tipperary County Council, Civic Offices, Limerick Road, Nenagh, Co. Tipperary E45 A099 from 9.30 am – 4.30pm Monday to Friday, for a period from the 14th April 2023 to the 12th of May 2023.
Details of the proposed development are also available online at Extension to Questum Acceleration Centre at Ballingarrane | Planning (localgov.ie)
Submissions or observations with respect to the proposed development, dealing with the proper planning and sustainable development of the area in which the development will be situated, may be made and addressed to Brian Beck, A/Director of Services, Tipperary County Council, Civic Offices, Clonmel, Co. Tipperary., should be clearly marked ‘Part 8 in respect of proposed Modular Extension to the Questum Acceleration Centre’ or online by accessing the following web page: Extension to Questum Acceleration Centre at Ballingarrane | Planning (localgov.ie) no later than 4.30pm on Monday 29th May, 2023.
Any person may, within 4 weeks from the date of this notice, apply to An Bórd Pleanála for a screening determination as to whether this development would be likely to have significant effects on the environment.