Proposed Cahir to Clonmel Greenway
Tipperary County Council now invite the residents of the local area, members of the public and other interested parties to participate in a non-statutory public consultation on the Study Area and Constraints for the proposed Cahir to Clonmel Greenway project.
Tipperary County Council in partnership with Transport Infrastructure Ireland (TII) has commenced the development of the Cahir to Clonmel Greenway project which will connect to the Suir Blueway in Clonmel and extend this trail in a westerly direction towards Cahir. The proposed greenway shall connect to another greenway between Marlfield and Clonmel which is currently at preliminary design stage.
It will provide for a world class recreational experience for people of all ages and abilities that will serve the local community and attract tourism to the region. The greenway will be developed in accordance with the Code of Best Practice for National and Regional Greenways and will seek to integrate with and enhance the existing natural and built features of the region in cooperation with the communities which it passes through.
As part of this project, input from the local and general public will be a critical factor to ensure the maximum benefit of the project to the local area. As a result, this public consultation is being held as the first stage of the project process to allow this data to be collected and inform the project development from its concept stage. Tipperary County Council is now inviting members of the public to have their say on the study area presented. The study area map and scheme brochure are now available for inspection:
- On the Tipperary County Council’s website www.tipperarycoco.ie and the project website at www.suirgreenwaytipperary.ie
- At Clonmel Civic Offices, Emmet Street, Clonmel, Co. Tipperary. E91N512
- At Tipperary Cahir Cashel Municipal District Office, Rosanna Road, Tipperary Town, Co. Tipperary. E34WD51
These documents may be inspected during normal office hours, 9.30am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday from Friday 12th August 2022 to Monday 12th September 2022 inclusive (excluding weekends and bank Holidays)
Please submit your views and feedback:
• using the online feedback form available on the Project website accessible at www.suirgreenwaytipperary.ie
• by email to email@example.com
• by post addressed to: FAO – Cahir to Clonmel Greenway, 9 Prussia St, Stoneybatter, Dublin, D07KT57
Closing date for receipt of submissions: 16:30hrs on Monday 12th September 2022.
Tipperary County Council values the opinion of the community on this project and welcomes feedback from the public and interested parties.