Part 8 Construction of a Lawn Cemetery and Associated Works at Fethard
The construction of a multi-denominational Cemetery which shall be enclosed by masonry boundary walls on all sides and include the following: Main (front) Gate & Disability Access Gate; Car park to the front; flexible material cemetery access roads; Access paths to Irish Wheelchair Association Guidelines; Central Reflection Area with seating & planting; Columbarium Walls; Utility Shed & WC; The proposed development (total of 997 grave plots; 2-burials per plot) shall be constructed over 3 Phases i.e. Ph.1- 522 Plots; Ph.2- 435 Plots; Ph.3- 40 Plots.
Construction of:- Cemetery Boundary Walls & Gates; provision of 33 No space Cemetery car-park inclusive of 3 Disabled parking spaces & 3 ‘Age Friendly’ spaces to front of burial plot Sections; provision: 522 grave plots; access roads & paths; headstone foundation beams; Central Reflection Area; Provision of ‘Steeltech’ Utility Shed & WC; Waste Soil/Grass Collection Area;
Phase 2 & 3:
Provision of: 435 No plots (Ph.2) and 40 No plots (Ph.3) Sections; 4 No Columbarium Walls; associated infrastructure; All to be constructed on an ‘as the need arises’ basis.
Associated Site Works shall consist of:
- Removal of 88.5m of existing hedgerow fronting adjoining agricultural lands to the north of the Cemetery and replacing with TII: CC-SCO-00321 (Timber Post & Tension Mesh Fencing) as per 'Farm Entrance & Hedge-Removal Agreement 19.08.2022' between Council and Landowner in order to facilitate sightline requirements.
- Provision of landscaping works & seating to burial ground and associated areas.
- Provision of drainage facilities: surface water & foul sewage, and water supply connection.
- Installation of Cemetery public lighting scheme (installed on an ‘as the need arises’ basis).
Submissions or observations with respect to the proposed development, dealing with the proper planning and sustainable development of the area in which the development will be
situated, may be made
- Online at the link below
- In writing to Tipperary County Council, at Civic Offices, Emmet Street, Clonmel, Co. Tipperary, no later than 4.30 pm on Monday 17th April, 2023.
Any person may, within 4 weeks from the date of this notice, apply to An Bord Pleanála for a screening determination as to whether the development would be likely to have significant effects on the environment.
Click here to view the plans and particulars and/or make a submission on the part 8.