Part 8 Proposed Carrick on Suir Railway to Town Centre Active Travel Scheme 2022
PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT ACT 2000, as amended,
PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT REGULATIONS 2001, as amended
ARTICLE 81 OF PART 8 OF THE PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT REGULATIONS 2001, as amended
Pursuant to the requirements of Part 8 of the Planning and Development Regulations 2001, as amended, Tipperary County Council hereby gives notice that it intends to carry out the following development:
Description: Improved pedestrian / cycling infrastructure to encourage safer pedestrian and cycle movements between the Railway Station, Castle Park, St Nicholas Car Park, Presentation Primary School, ETB and Library together with traffic calming, lighting, altered road markings and associated site works for Active Travel.
Nature and extent of the proposed development is as follows:
Cregg Road & Park View (R697), Marian Avenue, N24, Castle Park, The Park, The Green, Sean Healy Library, Greenside North, Carrick Swan GAA Carrick on Suir, Co. Tipperary.
Nature and Extent of Proposed Development
The improved cycle/pedestrian facilities comprise the following:
• Tabletop junctions on the R679 at the junction with Marian Avenue, the roundabout with Ash Park and the junction with Greenside North
• A buildout to aid cyclists crossing the Greenside North Road
• On-road cycle facilities reducing road carriageway widths on the R679
• Provision of new paths for cyclists/pedestrians and installation of new and improvement of existing crossings. • Alterations to existing pathways for pedestrians in The Park and Carrick Swan GAA
• Removal of one parking space on Cregg Road • Public lighting within The Park green area and at the Library
• Boundary works involving the removal of short sections of boundary wall to facilitate the crossings at the R679, the Library, Greenside North and the N24
• Road markings and Signage • All associated site and ancillary works
The development has been the subject of an Appropriate Assessment screening in accordance with Article 6 (3) of the EU Habitats Directive (Directive 92/43/EEC) and article 250(1) of the Planning and Development Regulations 2001 as amended. The Appropriate Assessment screening concluded that the proposed development would not be likely to give rise to significant or indeterminate impacts on any Natura 2000 site.
Having regard to the information specified under Schedule 7A of the Planning & Development Regulations 2001, as amended, and based on an examination of the nature, size and location of the development, it is determined that there is no real likelihood of significant effects on the environment arising from the proposed development and an Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) is not required.
Where to view/inspect:
Plans and particulars of the proposed development, including Appropriate Assessment Screening report will be available for inspection or for purchase at a fee not exceeding the reasonable cost of making a copy at the following locations for a period from
8thof September 2022 to 7th of October 2022;
||During normal office hours from 09:30 - 4:30 Monday to Friday|
|Seán Healy Memorial Library, Fair Green, Carrick-on-Suir, Co. Tipperary||
||During normal opening hours from 10:00 to 13:00 and 14:00 to 17:00, Monday to Friday|
Submissions or observations:
Persons wishing to make a submission or observation with respect to the proposed development, dealing with the proper planning and sustainable development of the area in which the development will be situated, may be made, either
- In writing to The District Administrator, Carrick on Suir MD, District Office, New Street, Carrick-no-Suir, Co. Tipperary,
- Or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
no later than 4.30pm on Friday 21st October 2022.
Any person may, within 4 weeks from the date of this notice, apply to An Bórd Pleanála for a screening determination as to whether this development would be likely to have significant effects on the environment.
Signed: Brian Beck, Acting Director of Services,
Carrick-on-Suir Municipal District, Tipperary County Council,
District Office, New Street, Carrick on Suir, Co. Tipperary.
8th September 2022.