Part 8 Abbey St Carpark Clonmel
Construction of a performance stage of circa 110m2,
- Construction of a fixed awning and associated steel support structure over performance stage,
- Provision for and installation of retractable/demountable coverings over seating areas,
- Construction of 2no. low-level masonry walls, circa 25m, for bench seating with timber finish to top,
- Demolition of circa 5m section of existing boundary wall between car park and Abbey Street,
- Upgrading of existing boundary wall between car park and Abbey Street to a bench with timber finish to top,
- Regularisation of existing car parking spaces to provide 27no. spaces, inclusive of 2no. disabled parking spaces,
- Provision for and installation of power supply chambers and a series of stage, space & feature lighting,
- All associated and ancillary site works.
The development has been the subject of an Appropriate Assessment screening in accordance with Article 6(3) of the EU Habitats Directive (Directive 92/43/EEC) and article 250(1) of the Planning and Development Regulations 2001 as amended. The Appropriate Assessment screening concluded that the proposed development would not be likely to give rise to significant or indeterminate impacts on any Natura 2000 site.
Having regard to the information specified under Schedule 7A of the Planning & Development Regulations 2001, as amended and based on an examination of the nature, size and location of the
development, it is determined that there is no real likelihood of significant effects on the environment arising from the proposed development and an Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) is not required.
Plans and particulars of the proposed development, including Appropriate Assessment Screening and Environmental Impact Assessment Screening Reports will be available for inspection or purchase at a fee not exceeding the reasonable cost of making a copy at: -
- Tipperary County Council, Civic Offices, Emmet Street., Clonmel, Co. Tipperary.
- Tipperary County Council, Civic Offices, Limerick Road, Nenagh, Co. Tipperary.
between 9:30 a.m. and 4.30 p.m., Monday to Friday, from the 17th May 2023 – 16th June 2023, on all days the Offices of Tipperary County Council are open to the public within this period.
Details of the proposed development are also available online at https://planning.localgov.ie/
Submissions or observations with respect to the proposed development, dealing with the proper planning and sustainable development of the area in which the development will be situated, may be made in writing and addressed to Sinead Carr, Director of Services, Tipperary County Council Civic Offices, Emmet St, Clonmel Co. Tipperary, should be clearly marked ‘Part 8 in respect of Abbey Street Car Park’ no later than 4.30pm on 30th June 2023.
Any person may, within 4 weeks from the date of this notice, apply to An Bord Pleanala for a screening determination as to whether the development would belikely to have significant effects on the environment.