Roscrea Local Area Plan 2023-2029
Tipperary County Council is preparing a new Local Area Plan for Roscrea, which will set out the land use strategy for the town to ensure the town can grow, support employment and homes and can do so sustainably and successfully.
The Council is inviting submissions from the public to identify priorities and help shape the future development of the town. This stage represents the ‘issues’ stage before a draft of the local area plan is published. An Issues Paper has been produced to help inform submissions and is available on this webpage.
The Issues Paper sets out:
- Why we are preparing a Local Area Plan
- The process of adopting the Local Area Plan
- Key questions for the local community in shaping the Plan
- How you can get involved in making the Plan
Copies of the Issues Paper are also available for public inspection during public opening hours from Friday, 4 November 2022 to Monday 5 December 2022 inclusive at the following locations:
- Planning Section, Civic Offices, Emmet Street, Clonmel, Co. Tipperary
- Planning Section, Civic Offices, Limerick Road, Nenagh, Co. Tipperary
- Thurles Municipal District, Civic Offices, Castle Avenue, Thurles, Co. Tipperary
- Roscrea Library, Birr Road, Townparks, Roscrea, Co. Tipperary [Eircode E53 N129]
Submissions or observations with respect to the Roscrea Local Area Plan should be made:
- Online: by clicking on the 'Make a Submission' Button on this page
- Email: email@example.com
- In writing: Roscrea Local Area Plan, Planning Department, Civic Offices, Limerick Road, Nenagh, Co. Tipperary, E45 A099 OR Roscrea Local Area Plan, Planning Department, Civic Offices, Emmet Street, Clonmel, Co. Tipperary, E91 N512.
A drop-in public information session will also be held at Roscrea Library, Birr Road, Townparks, Roscrea from 3-7pm on Wednesday, 16 November 2022 to discuss key issues for the Plan. Everyone is welcome to attend.
Submissions or observations must be made in writing no later than 4.00pm on Monday, 5 December 2022.
Please note that, in accordance with the requirements of the Planning and Development Act 2000 (as amended), all submissions / observations will be subject to Freedom of Information legislation