Public Realm for Gantly Road Roscrea Part 8
PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT ACT 2000, as amended, PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT REGULATIONS 2001, as amended ARTICLE 81 OF PART 8 OF THE PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT REGULATIONS 2001, as amended
Pursuant to the requirements of Part 8 of the Planning and Development Regulations 2001, as amended, Tipperary County Council hereby gives notice that it intends to carry out the following development:
Description: The proposed development includes for public realm refurbishment and enhancement in Roscrea, including the upgrading of the existing Gantly Road, with new high-quality paving, kerbing, landscaping, public lighting, improved street furniture and utility diversions/works.
Location: The proposed development will be carried out on Gantly Road, Roscrea
Nature and Extent of Proposed Development
- I New kerb alignment and pavement surfaces on Gantly Road, including new alignment design for footpaths, parking areas and trafficked areas, new hard and soft landscaping, new pedestrian crossings, new street furniture, new bollards and new bicycle racks.
- II Installation of new public lighting and soft landscaping.
- III Alteration of on-street parking for Gantly Road.
- IV Undergrounding of overhead electrical cables, installation of new public lighting and upgrading of existing public lighting.
- V Development of associated drainage services and utilities across the entire project area.
- VI All associated site works.
The development has been the subject of an Appropriate Assessment screening in accordance with Article 6(3) of the EU Habitats Directive (Directive 92/43/EEC) and article 250(1) of the Planning and Development Regulations 2001 as amended.
The Appropriate Assessment screening concluded that the proposed development would not be likely to give rise to significant or indeterminate impacts on any Natura 2000 site.
Having regard to the information specified under Schedule 7A of the Planning and Development Regulations 2001, as amended, and based on an examination of the nature, size and location of the
development, it is determined that there is no real likelihood of significant effects on the environment arising from the proposed development, and an Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) is not required.
Any person may, within 4 weeks from the date of the notice, apply to An Bord Pleanála for a screening determination as to whether the development would be likely to have significant effects on the environment.
Plans and particulars of the proposed development, including Appropriate Assessment (AA) and Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) Screening Reports, will be available for purchase at a fee not exceeding the reasonable cost of making a copy, or for inspection at:
- Tipperary County Council, Civic Offices, Emmet Street., Clonmel, Co. Tipperary, E91N512
- Tipperary County Council, Civic Offices, Limerick Road, Nenagh, Co. Tipperary, E45 A099
- Thurles Municipal District Offices, Castle Street, Thurles, Co. Tipperary,
from 9.30 am – 4.30 pm Monday to Friday, from Friday 28th January to Monday 28th February 2022.
Details of the proposed development are also available online at www.tipperarycoco.ie .
Submissions or observations with respect to the proposed development, dealing with the proper planning and sustainable development of the area in which the development will be situated, may be made in writing and addressed to
Eamon Lonergan, Director of Services, Thurles Municipal District, Castle Avenue, Thurles, Co. Tipperary,
and should be clearly marked
‘Part 8 in respect of proposed Gantly Road Public Realm‘
no later than 4.30 pm on Monday 14th March 2022.
Signed: Eamon Lonergan
Director of Services
Thurles Municipal District, Castle Avenue,
Thurles, Co. Tipperary,