Part 8 Suir Island Old Bridge Clonmel Co Tipperary
PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT ACT 2000, as amended,
PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT REGULATIONS 2001, as amended
ARTICLE 81 OF PART 8 OF THE PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT REGULATIONS 2001, as amended
Pursuant to the requirements of Part 8 of the Planning and Development Regulations 2001, as amended, Tipperary County Council hereby gives notice that it intends to carry out the following development:
Description: The development of a public garden and public landscaped areas that includes all hard and soft landscaping works, along with all associated and ancillary site works.
Location: Suir Island, Old Bridge, Clonmel, Co. Tipperary.
Nature and Extent of Proposed Development
- Renovation of existing gardens,
- Provision of lawns and landscape planting to include the provision of trees, hedges and shrubs,
- Seating and picnic areas,
- Hard and soft pathways,
- New entrance gate with adjoining wall cladding,
- Childrens play areas with associated equipment,
- Securing of Suir Island House (A Protected Structure) with decorative steel plates at ground floor level,
- Feature lighting to include internal and external lighting at Suir Island House (A Protected Structure),
- Ancillary site development works that shall include site drainage, provision of water supply for the play area and for wash down purposes, provision of electrical supply for the feature lighting, and removal and reconstruction of approximately 19 metres of boundary wall.
- All associated site and landscaping works
The proposed development comprises the carrying out of works which will materially affect the character of a protected structure (Suir Island House, RPS 289).
The development has been the subject of an Appropriate Assessment screening in accordance with Article 6(3) of the EU Habitats Directive (Directive 92/43/EEC) and article 250(1) of the Planning and Development Regulations 2001 as amended. The Appropriate Assessment screening concluded that the proposed development would not be likely to give rise to significant or indeterminate impacts on any Natura 2000 site.
Having regard to the information specified under Schedule 7A of the Planning & Development Regulations 2001, as amended and based on an examination of the nature, size and location of the development, it is determined that there is no real likelihood of significant effects on the environment arising from the proposed development and an Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) is not required.
Plans and particulars of the proposed development, including Appropriate Assessment Screening and Environmental Impact Assessment Screening Reports will be available for inspection or purchase at a fee not exceeding the reasonable cost of making a copy at: -
- Tipperary County Council, Civic Offices, Emmet Street., Clonmel, Co. Tipperary.
- Tipperary County Council, Civic Offices, Limerick Road, Nenagh, Co. Tipperary.
between 9:30 a.m. and 4.30 p.m., Monday to Friday, from the 10th August 2022 – 9th September 2022, on all days the Offices of Tipperary County Council are open to the public within this period.
Details of the proposed development are also available online at www.tipperarycoco.ie
Submissions or observations with respect to the proposed development, dealing with the proper planning and sustainable development of the area in which the development will be situated, may be made in writing and addressed to Sinead Carr, Director of Services, Tipperary County Council Civic Offices, Emmet St, Clonmel Co. Tipperary, should be clearly marked ‘Part 8 in respect of Suir Island Gardens ‘no later than 4.30pm on 28th September 2022
Any person may, within 4 weeks from the date of this notice, apply to An Bord Pleanala for a screening determination as to whether the development would belikely to have significant effects on the environment.
Signed: Sinead Carr
Director of Services
Tipperary County Council Civic Offices
Emmet St, Clonmel, Co Tipperary.